Dartford, Oldham, Washington
- Does the idea of using tools and technology rock your boat?
- Do you enjoy fixing things and love the idea of working as part of a team to solve problems?
At Beck & Pollitzer we want to invest in your future by offering you an Engineering Apprenticeship. Positions are available at our Dartford, Oldham and Washington facilities.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll work on machinery and technologies, and you’ll be guided and supported by experienced engineers and operatives as you do it. The programme typically lasts three and a half years. For the year of the apprenticeship, you will mainly benefit from off-the-job training with a local training provider, with some placement weeks within Beck & Pollitzer. In the final two and a half years you will be based mainly at Beck & Pollitzer.
Rewards and Benefits
You will be paid a competitive starting salary of almost £10,000 and also benefit from a pension plan and 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, every year.
You will study for nationally recognised Level 3 qualifications, such as NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering. There may also be the opportunity to study for more advanced qualifications like a Higher National Certificate, Higher National Diploma or a Foundation Degree. It all depends on how much potential you show and what our business actually needs.
You will work alongside knowledgeable experts who are eager to pass on decades of experience. This means you’ll be friendly and keen to get to know and work alongside other people.
What you’ll need
- Qualifications: GCSE – Grade C or above in Maths, English Language and a Science subject i.e. Physics or Chemistry or another technical subject.
- A passion for engineering: We want to see evidence that you’re genuinely interested in developing your career as an engineer. We’d like to hear about engineering projects you’ve done at home or at school or any related interests or hobbies which you have.
- A great attitude and team skills: “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships”….this is why we’ll be interested in how you’ve worked as part of a team. This could be at school, with your family or at a club, religious or voluntary organisation. Attitude really is everything, so you’ll have a great attitude too.
Stage 1 (24th May 2016 – 23th June 2016): Online Application
You’ll need to apply via SETA’s website here >.
Stage 2 (June 2016): Online Assessments
If your application is successful, you will receive an email inviting you to take some Online Aptitude Assessments. You will need to complete all of the assessments provided.
Please note: Do check your spam/junk folders to ensure you don’t miss any emails.
Stage 3 (July 2016): Assessment Centre
If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre at our local office.
- Group Exercise – we will ask you to participate in a group activity that will allow us to observe how you work with others in a team environment.
- Interview – we would like to know a bit more about you, your practical achievements and your thoughts about our business. We will ask you to give examples of how you’ve demonstrated our core values and some of the competencies that are important to us.
Stage 4 (July 2016 – August 2016): Success – we want you!
If you’re successful at the assessment centre, you will be contacted within one week and told the good news. We will make you a conditional offer subject to successful medical results and references. If you are due to take your GCSEs during Summer 2016, the offer will also be conditional subject to you achieving a minimum of 4 GCSEs above C including Maths, English Language and Science.
Stage 5 (September 2016): Starting at Beck & Pollitzer
Once you accept to work for us, we’ll arrange a number of things for you and invite you to an induction event where you’ll get the opportunity to meet and network with other colleagues and learn more about the programme and our business as a whole.
For further enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org