Purpose of role
To support Project Engineers in the execution of relocation projects. Carrying out technical assessment of machine tool capabilities prior to relocation and technical assessment of machine tool capabilities following relocation
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Knowledge of a broad range of machine tool manufacturers and equipment such as milling machines, lathes, grinders, presses and robots for example Okuma, Mazak, Webster Bennett, Deckel Maho, Hitachi, Asquith, Bridgeport.
- Conversant in CNC machine tools, servo systems, rotary and linear encoders, including Heidenhain, Fanuc, OSAI, NUM, FAGOR, Siemens.
- Understanding of PLC’s; ability to read software listings including Siemen S5/7, Omron, Mitsubishi.
- Diagnosis/fault finding of electrical problems on machines/plant.
- Diagnosis/fault finding of electro/mechanical problems on machines/plant.
- Use of Renishaw Ballbar equipment and understanding of results.
- Clear understanding of PUWER Regulations and the ability to apply the regulations to a wide range of plant and machinery.
- Knowledge of machine tool health and safety.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, Physics and English or a suitable technical apprenticeship
- Project Management qualification or specific training
- Experience of dismantling, removal, loading/off-loading of vehicles, movement, storage and installation of machinery and associated plant and tooling.
- Experience of maintaining and working within ISO 9001 / 18001
- CPC Manager operator license
- Knowledge of transport shipping documentation
Click here to download information pdf
Closing Date: 21st September 2018