Purpose of role
Providing comprehensive project management and general management support across a range of mechanical and electrical engineering projects. Working with the Engineering Manager and Sales Manager to grow the business and maximise all opportunities for work in the sector/region. Assisting with the smooth running of the depot in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Labour Controller in line with the Company’s procedures, policies and working practices.
Experience and qualifications required
- Experience managing mechanical engineering projects within our key sector’s particularly installations of production equipment.
- Strong general experience of mechanical engineering
- Educated to an advanced technical level in a relevant engineering discipline, (eg time-served Engineer or part-qualified to HNC level or above).
- Strong commercial skills and project management skills, particularly:
negotiating, planning, estimating, costing and quoting.
- Strong IT (MS Office) and numeracy skills.
- Experience managing a small team and controlling, organising and motivating internal labour resources and sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes.
- Good financial skills including
– cost and budgetary controls
– accounting controls and procedures through to final accounts
- Project Management qualification or specific training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
Click here to download information pdf
Closing Date: 21st September 2018